The contents of the Site, as well as the design, selection, organization, coordination, compilation and overall look and feel of the Site (collectively, the “Content”) are the intellectual property of Lateenx, our licensors and our contributors. The Content is protected by copyright and other intellectual laws and all ownership rights remain with us, our licensors or our contributors, as the case may be. This Agreement grants you no right, title, or interest in any intellectual property owned or licensed by us, including our registered trademarks, service marks, logos, brand names, trade dress and trade names (“Trademarks”).
Use of the Content
All of the Content is strictly for personal, non-commercial use only.
You may retrieve and display Content from the Site on a computer screen or mobile device, print individual pages on paper (but not photocopy them), and store such pages in electronic form on your computer or mobile device for your personal, non-commercial use. Except as expressly permitted above, you may not reproduce, modify or in any way commercially exploit any Content. In particular, but without limiting the general application of the restrictions in the previous sentence, you may not do any of the following without prior written permission from Lateenx:
- Reproduce or store in or transmit to any other website, newsgroup, mailing list, electronic bulletin board, server or other storage device connected to a network or regularly or systematically store in electronic or print form, all or any part of the Content; or
- modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit all or any part of the Content (including as part of any library, archive or similar service) without the prior written consent of Lateenx; or
- remove the copyright or trademark notice from any copies of Content made under these Terms.
Any use of Content not specifically permitted above is expressly prohibited. Requests for permission for other uses may be sent to email@example.com and may be subject to a fee.
Teen Resources Content
The Content regarding internships, programs, competitions, scholarships, and other opportunities presented in the Teen Resources section of the Site (the “Opportunities”) is provided for informational purposes only (primarily to make users aware of the existence of the Opportunities and to help describe them).
We are not affiliated with any of the organizations that provide or sponsor the Opportunities (the “Sponsors”), and we do not recommend or endorse any of the Opportunities or Sponsors. We include the logos of the Sponsors/Opportunities on the Site solely to help users better identify the Sponsors/Opportunities and to avoid potential confusion. We also have not reviewed or verified the appropriateness or suitability of the Opportunities for anyone or any purpose. If you use the Content in the Teen Resources section, you do so at your own risk. We advise you to do your own research and exercise your own best judgement (and, if you are under the age of 18, consult your parents or legal guardians) before taking any action in connection with the Opportunities presented on this Site.
We allow users to send us content for consideration in the form of Student Work and Helpful Content (collectively “User Content”). Student Work is original written or visual content, created by a student between 13-19 years of age, that is age-appropriate and relevant to Hispanic/Latino students. Helpful Content is original written or visual content, created by a person over 19 years of age, that provides uplifting and useful information or advice relevant to the cultural, educational, or career development of Hispanic/Latino middle and high school students.
Submission is not a guarantee of publication: we reserve sole discretion over which User Content will be included in the Site.
We do not endorse any User Content or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Content.
If you submit User Content to us through or outside of Lateenz, you affirm, represent, warrant and agree, as the case may be, that:
- you hereby grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, assignable and transferable license to display, perform, use, reproduce, distribute, publish, create derivative works of, perform, edit and disseminate by all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, create derivative works based thereon, and/or insert the User Content in connection with our business (and the business of any our subsidiaries, derivatives, or successors);
- we may edit your User Content for space or clarity;
- your User Content is completely original and accurate and is not false or misleading;
- you are the sole author of the User Content and the owner of any intellectual property therein, and the User Content does not infringe the patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any other person or entity;
- if the User Content has been published or displayed elsewhere, you have or have obtained permission for it to be published by Lateenx;
- your User Content does not invade the privacy of any other person and will not otherwise cause injury to any person or entity;
- your User Content does not contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- you are at least 18 years old or, if you are younger than 18, you have the permission of your parents to submit the User Content;
- Unless Lateenx has expressly agreed to compensate you for the User Content in writing, you have not been offered, have not accepted, and are not entitled to receive any compensation in any form and from any party in connection with submitted User Content; and
- You will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Lateenx, its members, officers, directors, employees, volunteers and agents from any third-party claim(s) and any damages, losses or injuries resulting from the display of your User Content.
Accuracy of Information
Although we try not to make mistakes, you should be aware that the Content may be wrong, incomplete, out of date, and/or contain other errors or inaccuracies. We do not guarantee or make any warranty as to the correctness or reliability of anything on the Site.
We also do not verify the accuracy of User Content or confirm the details of the Opportunities. Please note that the details of the Opportunities change frequently and, therefore, the Site may not have the most up to date information. We encourage you to use the links provided to the websites of the Sponsors/Opportunities to verify those details.
We do not guarantee or warrant that the list of Opportunities is exhaustive or that the search engine in the Teen Resources section of the Site will function correctly.
Copyright and Trademark Notices
If the Site contains Content you believe infringes your copyright or trademark, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferably with the subject line “Copyright Notice”) that complies with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and contains:
- Your contact information – your address (an email address is preferred) and telephone number.
- A detailed description of the allegedly infringing Content and the exact URL(s) for the page(s) in which such Content is located.
- For images, proof of registration of the image under the DMCA; or, if the image is not registered, a detailed description the photograph and evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright.
- The following signed statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
You acknowledge that, if you do not include the information above, your DMCA notice may not be valid. Please note that, if you submit a false claim, you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees).
Upon receipt of a valid notice, we will look into the matter, and we will take down any Content that we agree is infringing. However, if we believe that our use is legitimate under the Fair Use Doctrine or otherwise, we may not remove it from the site. Please consider whether any disputed use constitutes fair use or fair dealing which does not require your authorization for use (or any other exception to copyright) before you submit a copyright infringement notice.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL LATEENX, ITS MEMBERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY, BODILY, MORAL OR MATERIAL DAMAGE OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WTW WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE WTW WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER ARISING BY LAW, STATUTE, USAGE OF TRADE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING OR PERFORMANCE, OR THE PARTIES’ CONDUCT OR COMMUNICATION WITH ONE ANOTHER, OR AS A RESULT OF THE NATURE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR IN CONFORMITY WITH USAGE, EQUITY OR LAW OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WTW SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
Lateenx makes no representations that the Site is appropriate or available for use in any location. Those who access or use the WTW Website do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK. LATEENX DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF THE SITE AND DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE SITE. THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. LATEENX DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT THOSE WARRANTIES THAT ARE NOT SUBJECT TO EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS ACQUIRED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR OWN COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Lateenx and its respective member, officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors or licensors (collectively the “Lateenx Parties”) from and against any and all claims, losses, expenses, demands or liabilities, including attorneys’ fees and costs, incurred by the Lateenx Parties in connection with any claim by a third party (including any intellectual property claim) arising out of: (i) your use of the Site and any material you access using the Site or by any other means; (ii) a third party’s use of such material that you access using the Site and make available to such third party; or (iii) your violation of this Agreement or any applicable law. You further agree that you will cooperate fully in the defense of any such claims. Lateenx reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and you shall not in any event settle any such claim or matter without the written consent of the relevant Lateenx Parties.
Your use of the Site does not create, and nothing contained in this Agreement will be deemed to establish, an employment, agency, franchise, joint venture or partnership relationship between you and Lateenx. Use of the Site does not provide you with the authority to enter into any agreements or incur obligations or liability for or on behalf of Lateenx. By using the Site, you agree that no attempts to subject Lateenx to any such obligations or liability will be made.
Failure by Lateenx to enforce any of its rights under this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of those rights or any other rights in any way whatsoever.
Choice of Law and Dispute Resolution
This Agreement and all other aspects of your use of the Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Maryland, U.S.A., without regard to its conflict of laws rules. You agree that you will notify Lateenx in writing of any claim or dispute concerning or relating to your use of the Site and give Lateenx a reasonable period of time to address it before bringing any legal action, either individually or as a class member against Lateenx. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located Montgomery County, Maryland, U.S.A.