Make a Mango Flower on a Stick
Make this sweet and spicy mango flower on a stick in minutes!
As soon as we saw this, we knew we’d never go back to just eating plain ‘ol sliced mangos . . .
It only takes a couple of tries to master this technique – just be super careful with your knife (and ask your parents’ permission)!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Vegetable peeler
- Medium knife
- Mango – bigger is better (and easier) for making the flowers
- Lime – 1/2 lime per mango
- Tajin and salt- or whatever other spice combo sounds good to you!
Let’s Get This Party Started:
1. Slice off a small chunk at the base of the mango (the “fatter” part where the stem was attached) until you can see the bottom of the pit.
2. Slide a set of chopsticks (leave them attached to each other) up next to the pit (once you get it started, you can hold the mango and pound it gently on a counter to help move the stick into the mango).
3. Peel the rest of the mango with a vegetable peeler (this is easier and safer than using a knife).
4. Using the knife (carefully!) make diagonal cuts into the mango like in the video starting at the bottom of the mango and making your way up to the top.
5. Squeeze half a lime over the mango flower.
6. Sprinkle the salt and spices over the mango.
Enjoy your mango flower on a stick!
Student Life35 Top Science Competitions for High School StudentsJanuary 31
Info / InspirationVoto Para La Mujer Quarter is a Major “Change”!July 29
Student Life35+ High School Internships in the Bay AreaJanuary 22
Student Life90+ Best Writing Competitions for High School StudentsApril 13
Student Life45+ Exciting Environmental Science Internships for High School StudentsOctober 18